On behalf of the Transplantation Society of Australia and New Zealand (TSANZ), please note that nominations are now open for the TSANZ Aviva Rosenfield Award for Excellence in Patient Care in Transplantation.
The Aviva award recognises an outstanding clinician (including physicians, surgeons, nurses, psychologists, social workers, other allied health professionals) who has demonstrated excellence in patient care in transplantation – by putting patients/families first, involving patients in care, communicating effectively and providing compassionate and empathetic care.
The closing date is: Tuesday 30th April 2018.
Eligibility and entry criteria
• Any clinician (including physicians, surgeons, nurses, psychologists, social workers, other allied health professionals) who provides care to patients and families in transplantation can be nominated
• Nominees must be practising in Australia or New Zealand
• Nominees do not have to be a member of TSANZ
• The judging panel will include the Award Chairs, a representative of TSANZ council, a representative of Transplant Australia and a patient representative.
• The entries will scored by a judging panel on the following criteria:- Patient-focussed; Involvement of patients/families in care; Patient-centred effective communication; Compassion and empathetic care; Demonstrated impact on improved patient care and outcomes.
Nominations can be made by transplant recipients, donors, and donor families via the online nomination form on the TSANZ website by Tuesday 30th April.
Information on eligibility and criteria, and the nomination form, is available at https://www.tsanz.com.au/awardsandfellowships/index.asp or see 2019 Flyer